Tali is one of those women that you meet and you just can never forget. Her high energy is contagious and she has killer style. I met Tali because our kids attend the same school, but once I got to know her I knew I had to have her help me with my closet, my style and just be in my life. She is down to earth and gives killer style advice. English is her THIRD language, so I sat down with her over lunch to ask her the questions. Besides laughing non-stop at some of her answers because she is just so dang real, I got some great insight into why I knew I loved her so much. I know after reading her answers you will love her just as much as I do!
What is the best thing about being a mom?
- I feel so lucky to get the opportunity to raise my kids in my own way. Everything I have learned in this world I get to impart upon my children. It's an opportunity to share what I have learned with the people I love the most in this world.
What is the hardest thing about being a mom?
- To see my kids in pain and not be able to fix it for them is the hardest thing for me. Recently my son had to get stitches and watching him cry and not being able to take it away was so hard. I also think balancing motherhood and a career is always a challenge and finding ways do it all.
How have you changed since being a mom?
- I am more responsible, a lot more organized and feel the need to keep everything in order. I'm more cautious in life and the decisions I make - my kids are always in the back of my mind.
What's the best piece of advice given to you?
- My son's teacher once told me that I should always give my kids choices. I did this with my son recently who is in his terrible twos. Instead of telling me no, now he feels like he has a choice and he is empowered to make his own choices. There are a lot less battles in our house now.
Who's your style icon?
- Miroslava Duma. I love her style. She is always taking a chance. She is so cool and so bold. She is always recreating herself and her style is like no one else.
How has your style changed since becoming a mom?
- It's pretty much the same, but I wear heels less!
What are three essentials you need everyday?
- Glasses, lipstick and moisturizer.
What late night food do you crave?
- Chocolate and any kinds of sweets.
What do you do to relax?
- Spa and yoga. I love doing yoga. Endermologie is a treatment I am in to lately and I find it very relaxing.
How has motherhood changed your career?
- I basically just adjusted my career to motherhood. I always knew that I wanted to work and since having kids I just created a career that would allow me to do both and allow me to be present for my kids.
3 words to describe yourself
- Funny, high energy and positive.
What's your favorite app?
- Instagram and Waze. Waze saves me a lot of time as I navigate around the city.
What 3 things in your bag you couldn't live without?
- Red lipstick, Camera and a charger for my phone.
Best advice you could give a mom with young kids?
- Take it easy and don't compare your kids to other kids. Every kid is so different. Your own instinct will tell you what's right for your child.
If your life were a song, what would it be?
- "Look What You Made Me Do", by Taylor swift. My kids love it!
What's the secret to being a bad ass mom?
- The ultimate secret is to bribe your kids! And of course to take everything with humor and have fun with it! I always try to find the positive in everything!